Leonard Square Point Closed Back Shovel With 48in Composite Handle
Closed back shovel prevents soil buildup and offers more rigidity.The Leonard closed back shovel is designed for the heavy user that needs a quality tool that lasts. Closed back design adds strength and prevents dirt build up. Turned step. Shovels feature 14 gauge heat-treated steel blades. 48-inch composite handle consists of a fiberglass core with a smooth poly jacket that is contoured for better handling. Composite handles rated at 500 lb break strength. Blade: 9 1/2-inch x 11 1/2-inch. Ship weight 5.7 lb. Lifetime warranty.
- 48" Composite handle
- 9.5" x 11.5" blade
- 5.1 lbs.
- 14 ga. heat-treated blade
- 5-1/2" blade lift
- Turned step
- Square point style
- Closed back blade
- Blade double riveted to handle
- Composite Handles - Have an interior fiberglass tube with an injection molded poly on the outside. The inner fiberglass is tubular except at the rivet head connection where it is a solid material for a strong connection. Strength of inner fiberglass with the poly outside to give shape.
- Composite handle consists of a fiberglass core with a smooth poly jacket that is contoured for better handling
- Composite handles rated at 500 lb. break strength
- Handle widens slightly at the end to provide firm hand grip
- Closed back is the next to strongest of all blade types. There is a plate welded to the back of the blade and over the opening in the socket to increase strength and to keep soil from building up in the socket
- This closed back shovel is designed for the medium-to-heavy user that needs a quality tool
- Higher blade lift is the perfect height for scraping gravel, soil, sand, or other product from a surface for a taller person. This means they don't have to bend over to get the correct angle to work effectively
- The turned step is easier on your feet, especially when wearing soft-soled shoes
- The square point is designed to make clean up of your work area easier
- Weighs less than a solid shank style, more than an open back
A.M. Leonard, Inc. warrants all its tools identified with the "A.M. Leonard Lifetime Warranty" to be free from material defects for the life of the tool.
Write Your Own Review