Leonard Forged Round Point Shovel with 48in Ash Handle
The workhorse of all shovels, built to last a lifetime!This line has the highest weight and price, but it's an investment you'll only need to make once, these shovels last and are backed by our lifetime warranty! The Leonard round-point blade pro shovel has a 48-inch ash wood handle for comfort and a 12 gauge forged head for blade strength. The classic design of the head will not bend under use, and the forged back will not fill with dirt. The wood handle has grain that runs perpendicular to the shovel to allow for maximum leverage strength. Blade is 9-inch x 11.5-inch. Lifetime warranty.
- 48'' Northern Ash Handle
- 12 ga forged blade is 9'' x 11-1/2''
- Handle lift (inches): 26-1/4
- Turned step
- Round point style
- Solid shank
- Handle and blade are double-riveted together
- Handle lacquered for weather resistance
- White Ash is the best wooden handle material known, lightweight but very durable
- Handle widens slightly at the end to provide firm hand grip
- The strongest of all blade types, this head and shank are forged from a single bar of steel
- Solid shank means there isn't any place for soil to catch and build up at the bottom of the shank, like an open back style
- This shovel is designed for the heavy user that needs a quality tool
- Deeply curved bowl makes it easier to carry soil, gravel, or other product from one location to another
- High blade lift means you don't have to bend over so far to get soil out of a hole you are digging
- The turned step is easier on your feet, especially when wearing soft-soled shoes
- The round point is designed to make penetration faster and easier
- We cover this product with a lifetime warranty. Please click here for details.
Write Your Own Review