Leonard Classic Full Strap Spade
One of the strongest spades on the market and made in the USA!A.M. Leonard is proud to bring back the Full Strap Nursery Spade to the market, and improve upon this favorite. Modern advancements in mechanical digging equipment impacted the demand for this tool over the past few years, but our 2010 initiative, which evolved from customer feedback, taught us that this tool is still demanded by professional nurseryman and landscapers across the country. Lifetime Warranty.We are glad to make the investment required to retool this spade so we can continue to offer one of the strongest tools in the market, which has added features of great balance and a shock absorbing wood core handle.Though hard to improve upon a tool that has served the industry so well since the early 1900's, we focused upon 3 areas:
- Stronger D-grip and top strap connection! New single directional rivet holds top strap and metal D-grip, eliminating a side D-grip rivet from the previous model. Less holes/rivets at this connection improve overall strength.
- Increased turn step size! Not too large to interfere with the job, but a moderate increase to alleviate foot strain and to accommodate a footpad if desired.
- Increased bevel of cutting edge! No need to sharpen blade once received. We added the best angle to offer sharp cutting while maintaining a durable edge.
- Plus this classic spade includes these features: a strong, one-piece welded metal D-grip with full-through rivet at grip; single directional rivet holds straps and D-grip, increasing strength; shock-absorbing American Ash handle core; heavy gauge rivets bond metal to wood for unmatched strength; larger turned steps reduce foot fatigue and are compatible with our #AMFP foot pad; blade is beveled to optimum angle to offer sharpness and durability.
- Product length (inches): 36-1/2
- Product width (inches): 7-1/2
- Product weight (pounds): 7
- Blade material: Steel
- Blade length (inches): 13
- Blade top width (inches): 7-1/2
- Cutting edge width (inches): 6-1/8
- Blade lift (inches): 2
- Handle type: D-grip
- Handle material: Wood
- Handle length (inches): 27
- Full-strap spades
- High-carbon, heat-treated steel blade
- Beveled cutting edge
- Extra-wide turned step
- Riveted for a secure hold
- American ash handle
- Shock-absorbing core
- Made in the USA!
- Perfect combination of strength, durability, and comfort
- Trusted design for over 100 years
- Low blade lift is perfect for digging straight down
- Use for transplanting, pruning roots, or edging
- Extra-wide turned step accommodates a Rubber Foot Pad
- Shock-absorbing core and foot step reduces strain and fatigue
- We cover this product with a lifetime warranty. Please click here for details.
Write Your Own Review
We found other products you might like!