Deep Rootrainers System by Haxnicks
Better Roots Mean Better Plants Every TimeRootrainers' unique design allows air pruning for optimum root formation. The grooved cell design directs the main root to grow straight down towards the large drainage opening at the bottom. When the root tip contacts the air it dies off, and the plant then compensates by producing more branches of new root growth. The result is a healthy, fibrous root system capable of supporting superior growth.
The cells open for easy removal of plugs and damage-free roots. Perfect for nearly all plants and especially those that are sensitive to disturbance and require deep root runs. Rootrainers are reusable from year to year. Includes detailed instructions and planting tips. For nearly 20 years the Haxnicks company has been designing and manufacturing innovative garden care and plant protection products for their customers in England.
Deep Rootrainers are great for sweet peas, runner beans and all deep rooted flowers, fruits, and vegetables. Eight containers with four cells making 32 reusable cells total, 5-inch deep, with ventilated holding tray (for air pruning), and propagating lid.
- Now Recycled and Recyclable (Front)
- Rootrainers are now made from recyclable green plastic, which enables automated sorting at recycling facilities.
- Trays are made from 100% recycled Polypropylene (PP)
- Books are made from 70% recycled Polystyrene (HIPS)
- Lids are made from 70% recycled Polyester (PET)
- Product Dimensions - 14.75″W x 9″D x 3.5″H 1lb.
- Includes 8 four-cell grow-containers, holding frame and clear dome
- Grooved cells promote downward root growth so roots don't spiral; seedlings transplant better than seedlings from smaller inserts or pots that have bound-up roots
- Growing cells hinge so it's easy to remove plants without tearing roots
Product Shipping Weight
- 0.8 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions
Write Your Own Review