Leonard Forged Round-Point Shovel with 48-Inch Fiberglass Handle
The workhorse of all shovels - built to last a lifetime!This line has the highest weight and price, but it's an investment you'll only need to make once - these shovels last and are backed by our lifetime warranty! Features a high strength fiberglass handle. The handle is constructed of thousands of continuous strands for maximum strength, then surrounded by a polyester resin veil that prevents splintering. Extended tab socket with double rivet connection, and a 12 gauge forged head for blade strength. The classic design of the head will not bend under use, and the forged back will not fill with dirt. Blade is 9-inch x 11.5-inch. Handle lift of 33 inches. Weighs 6 lb 4 oz.Lifetime warranty.
- Blade measures 9 and 1/4" x 12"
- Handle lift of 33"
- Weight 6 lb, 4 oz
- Handle length 48"
- The strongest of all blade types, this head and shank are forged from a single bar of steel
- Turned step
- Round point style
- Solid shank
- New fiberglass Handles - Fiberglass without any plastic molding. Like the composite the head connection area is a solid fiberglass, the balance of the fiberglass is shaped like a honeycomb, not a hollow tube and not solid. There are some resins used in a thin surface veil which provides prevents splintering and provides UV protection. But this handle is mostly fiberglass, where the composite is a mix of both materials.
- This shovel is designed for the heavy user that needs a quality tool
- Solid shank means there isn't any place for soil to catch and build up at the bottom of the shank, like an open back style
- High handle lift means you don't have to bend over so far to get soil out of a hole you are digging
- The turned step is easier on your feet, especially when wearing soft-soled shoes
- The round point is designed to make penetration faster and easier
- We cover this product with a lifetime warranty. Please click here for details.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go toÂ www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Write Your Own Review